March 12, 2002

Life doesn't follow the pattern you want it to, necessarily.

Today I wore my makeup. By that I mean foundation. I usually don't wear foundation, but I bought some so now I feel I should wear it. Besides, I look a great deal better with it on. Therefore, I was in excellent looks this Tuesday at the library. I just felt that you should all be aware of that, for some reason.

On to more interesting matters...oh wait, there are none! Actually, I started a hideous popularity contest on the bored, to which I will not link for fear of serious repercussions, such as ballot-stuffing, which, considering I am on the list of people for whom one can vote, I would never condone or allow. But vote for me, if you like! :&)

So...so far I've told you how nice I look and urged you to vote for me in an inane popularity contest. How egregious of me! I think it's about time to give it all up and copy something. I'm going to find some file on my hard drive that you'd want to see some of, if any such file exists. *Goes to check*

Oh, here is something highly atrocious, some kind of a journal entry I wrote, encased in a document called, creatively enough, "Document.doc":

5/6/99
My life should not revolve around swim team. Unfortunately, it does. My dad knows the secret of the worst punishment in the world: making me miss swim team. But I think that this cruelty is uncalled-for. Here's what happened: On Saturday, I had a swim meet. After I swam my event, I stayed to watch my friends swim for a while instead of immediately reporting back to my father. It was an act of defiance, I admit it. That night he gave me a choice, either I miss the next day of the swim meet or I miss swim team for two days. I chose to go to the meet. I don't regret my decision. I had a great meet. But when I missed swim practice yesterday, I still felt awful. The thing was, my mom went too, so I had to stay home and watch the kids. I didn't pick rocks yesterday. That had been part of the agreement, that I pick rocks while Ronny went to swimming. I had thought that I could make it up today. But no, my father informed me, I must do it at the exact time when I would've been swimming. So now I have to miss today as well as tomorrow. I spent the morning picking rocks in the hope that I might get to swim, but I don't have the courage to call my dad and ask. My mom refuses to interfere or intercede. Now the time for swim practice approaches, and I want to break down and cry.


I was so puerile in those days, it's hard to believe that was really I. It was, though. :-/

No comments:


Colorado