Hi all!
I know it's simply beastly for me to disappear for a month like I have, but it really wasn't my fault. Okay, it was my fault, but not in a direct way. As you all well know, I would never leave the computer if I didn't have to eat, sleep, and go to the bathroom. However, someone in the past decided that school age children must read, rite, and perform rithmetic, whatever that is. In any case, the long and the short of it was that my computer "privileges" were suspended due to incompetence in the area of prompt schoolwork. Somehow, using long words makes me feel better about it. In the midst of all of this, of course, I went to Arizona on Christmas break. It was fun. I got presents which I neither asked for nor expected, but they were good and desirable items all the same. The two-day drive each way was not as terrible as some might imagine. I got to see the Horns win the Holiday Bowl in a motel. The Holiday Bown was held in San Diego, not in a motel, but you understand my meaning...
As of now, I still have to send in my first quarter, but at least all the work is done. I have even devised a plan with which to "tackle" the remaning three quarters of my schoolwork. Although some of you might rightly judge me pitiably behind in my responsibilities, I am not at all without hope. In fact, my spirits are quite sanguine. I've always been a hopelessly optimistic dolt type of person, as you know. I have discovered something ironic about my schoolwork, though. It is almost impossible for me to do any of it at home! This would seem to contradict the fundamental concept of homeschooling, but I really work much better in a library by myself. Not only are there fewer distractions, but the place is full of cool books! Just wait until I tell my parents my plan. O_o
Oh, it feels like ages since I've been online, but at the same time, as if only a few days had passed. The concept of online time is definitely one that is as ambiguous as the name Leslie. I reasoned with myself and had no expectation of being missed. Yet, I feel as if I ought to have been missed. Several people, certainly, did miss me. However, that was mostly because I was supposed to do things for them which I never did. Which, in fact, I ought to be doing now instead of blithely rambling about anonymous people who miss me. To those who missed me, you are very nice!
Well, I could just go on forever, but I really think that would be neither safe nor healthy. So I'll stop for now, with the resolution (always implicit) of blogging more often in the future. By the way, my new year's resolution was to learn 12 accents, one for each month of the year. I have drawn a little rune on my arm, which was looked at in disapproval by my grandmother, my mother, and my sister. My fingers are beginning to be numb from typing, by no means the result of this measly epistle alone. I have been trying to type up my entire quarter's worth of schoolwork, and my fingers, out of optimal typing shape, have begun to tire from the strain. It is details like this that make me one of the least interesting people I know.
No comments:
Post a Comment