September 29, 2001

I'm sorry I have not blogged. Excuses are tedious, but I am sorry. And it's not that I've been so busy, either. It's just...well, life, I suppose. I want to post more of what I really think about things. What I've been thinking about a lot lately is how much I loathe secularism. It is everywhere! You really can't escape it.

I have been going to driver's education classes, you see, which afford me opportunity to study and to socialize with public schooled teenagers. They are as ignominious as one might imagine. Don't mistake my attitude for one of contempt; it's really more like pity. I am trying sincerely not to be a snob, and I think that I succeed, for the most part, but that does not stop me from thinking how these people have such an air of sameness, how they are all cut from the same mold and don't really think for themselves as much as they should, or could, if they were given the opportunity. How I hate our educational system! Some students related how they have a lesbian satanist for a history teacher...and these are the mentors who are supposed to shape tomorrow's society! I could get really caught up with the hidiousness of it, but I don't because I'm too sensible to do that. Though I'm not quite serene enough to accept the things I cannot change, I am at least cheerful enough not to dwell on them overmuch. So that's news...

I have not changed, I am the same. I still procrastinate my schoolwork, which leaves my conscience in a sad disarray. I doubt you need to know this, but it does give me some shred of comfort to say it at last, when in life I avoid the subject. Nevertheless, I am behind already, which is piteous. Yet, it seems as if there were not hours enough in a day to do what I wish, therefore I ought not attempt anything at all, which logic I know is sadly marred. Alas, this blog is decaying into a mere Shakesperean ramble, due, no doubt, to my having just finished watching the movie Hamlet, with Ethan Hawke. He is a very good actor, in my estimation. Now, to sup and dine.

No comments:


Colorado